Going slightly mad

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, February 16, 2012 at 7:21 PM

4

Do you ever say or do things that you just think are so funny, and then you go to tell somebody because it's too cool not to share, and then you realize that your family has gone so far into its own weirdness that no one else thinks you are normal anymore?

Yeah. Having a little bit of that today.

First, we have Iris stealing my phone, or iPad, or any glowing rectangle she can get her hands on, at every possible opportunity. She takes artsy self-portraits, texts my friends and family, and posts under my profile on Facebook ("Bhhhbhgkktfcffghkhnjjmjjkjnjh"). It's not that weird, I guess, but it sure is making me have to explain myself a lot:



Then we have Eve, age 5, who recognized Maggie Smith's voice from Downton Abbey as Professor McGonagall's from the Harry Potter movies. I personally think that falls under "totally awesome".

While she was watching my upscale PBS soap opera, she was also doing one of those games where you try to make as many words as you an from the letters in another word. She started with "blueberry muffin" and her first four words were be, bee, berry, and beer.

And I wasn't able to find a picture of the exact movie moment I am thinking of, but Devlin was reading after school today, and I was totally having flashbacks to when Bastian is reading the Neverending Story in the attic and munching an apple:





(By the way, if you haven't seen The Neverending Story yet, do not watch it now. I repeat, this movie is only enjoyable if it was a formative part of your childhood. And then, only as a memory. Just trust me here.)

Technically, Dev was just reading and having an apple, so I think we have to file that one under my Weirdness Tally, which is already pretty high because I have been wearing the same undershirt two days in a row. It's black with really fitted, nice long sleeves, and I keep looking down at them thinking they look like the Wicked Queen's dress from the Disney animated Snow White movie.





And I like it. A lot.

So beat that for weird, if you can.

Comments (4)

Agreed on the Bastian pose. I think I would have thought that even if you didn't say- that movie is childhood magic goodness.

and i love those jeans.

Go ahead. Ask me what I wanted to name a boy-child, for, like, ever. Until I was about 20.

(Hint: Bastian.)

I love that picture of Davlin. It is just so "him."

He totally looks like Bastian! I know just the moment you speak of!!