Pick Your Poison - with incentive

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 3:39 PM

26

So, my Very Important Question that I mentioned yesterday is so important that I am posting before the children are in bed.

* * * * *

You may arise from your dead faint.

I am wanting to get feedback on what types of posts you like to see here. In order to promote a healthy amount of feedback, I will enter each reader who comments into a drawing for a pair of earrings like my favorites.



Now that I have your attention...do you want to see more posts about:

- fashion (my outfits, how to style things, shopping strategies, etc?)

- mommy blog stuff (parenting successes and {mostly} failures, funny kid stories and photos, daily life?)

- home decor (furniture redos, paint colors, etc?)

- ramblings from inside my head ("letters", spiritual/philosophical musings, venting?)

I often have posts that I would like to do, but I don't want to take the blog too far in any one direction (for example, does anyone really want to watch Eve's class dance recital footage? Or hear about how I met Joanna Brooks and John Dehlin this weekend?) If I knew what kind of things were the favorites, I think it would help me know which way to steer the ship.

Of course, no matter what you vote for, you'll still be getting everything through my "filter" - as in, a lot of navel-gazing, a lot of sass, and hopefully no spelling or grammatical errors.

Let me know what you like, I'll drop your name in the hat, and let's get down to business!

I will leave this giveaway open until Friday at 8 pm Arizona time.

Comments (26)

Mommy blog and ramblings from your head :)

Anything you have to say is interesting and worthwhile to me. I like it a modgepodge of Rachelness. Carry on as usual, please.

I like all those things. Maybe pick one focus (mommy musings is my pick) and continue to keep the other stuff coming around that main focus...

i love home decor ideas!

I love your Mommy stuff and peeking inside your head, but you are also my fashion guru and I love seeing your house!

Why do we have to choose?! This is your blog. If it interests you then I want to hear about it!

One of the best things about your blog is that it's a nice mix of all these things. I get bored by blogs with one theme. I love your blog for the *Sweet Spontaneous* of it all!!!!

I agree with Wittiscism and Heather! I like the modgepodge of Rachelness. It's you and it's great. You do have a fun style and it would be fun to see more of your house and such, too.

I Love your blog just the way it is Rachel. I love reading your blog in general. It usually gives me inspiration to do more with my own blogs.

I agree. I don't want to choose! But if I had to, I would pick mommy stuff.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Honestly, I love posts from inside your head, but most of my favorites are mommy stuff that filters through your head. But I think you do a wonderful mix of everything as is and I am always entertained, intrigued, and humored :)

You speled gramatical wrong.

Did nawt!

My favorites are mommy blog and ramblings. that's just me personally.

I definitely like your mommy stuff and of course your ramblings!

I like it all! It's fun to find different things here. I think there is room on one blog for all things you listed and regularly post about!

1. I love hearing that you're a normal human being that triumphs & fails at things that everyone else denies that they do.
2. I LOVE love your outfits- they're always so cute.
3. The letters are awesome and always seem to say exactly what I'm thinking.
4. Your home decor is to die for.

Hmmm...I guess I really didn't help, did I? :)

My answer is YES. Yes to it all. The earrings are very purty too.

I love it all, but if I had to choose a favorite it would be the ramblings. But really, the fun of your blog is that there isn't always a certain focus. I get bored with blogs that only focus on one area, but I am always excited when I see on facebook that you've posted a link to a new blog post. (Did that make sense?) Basically, keep 'em coming, whatever the subject matter.

You guys are great. "They" say that a blog does better with a focus, and that it's difficult to build a readership based on just a "persona". But it looks like that might be what I have done...

It's hard to tell what people enjoy reading from just what posts get comments. I kind of hate to come right out and ask, but I guess I did that, AND I bribed you to answer, so let's not stand on ceremony!

I love all your stuff. You know, I'm your sister and all, so I like everything if it's about you. My personal favorites are the last three: mommy, home decor, and rambling. And of course I want to see the dance recital footage, are you kidding me??!!! I'm with Alicia: I like your blog as a potpourri.

Honestly, I love reading anything you have to say. You have such a way with words.

I love everything, but I reeeeaaaaally love your letters. They crack me up.

Oh, I'm glad I just found this; it didn't show up in Google Reader. I like the mommy stuff and the ramblings! Your kids are hilarious.

We actually went to a potluck at Joanna Brooks' house here in San Diego the other month. Her decor was so retro-ly awesome.

I like a little bit of everything that makes you you. If you feel the need for structure, why not do a day for each topic every week?

I like a little bit of everything that makes you you. If you feel the need for structure, why not do a day for each topic every week?

I like the varied topics. I guess it depends on who you write for... Yourself, or everyone else. Also, my ears are hole-less, so the earrings won't do me any good--but I thought I'd weigh in anyhow. :)