Biggirl

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, March 1, 2012 at 6:05 PM

2

I submit that until she a) ceases to suck her thumb, and b) pronounces "big girl" as two separate and distinct words, she will not, in fact, be one.

I'm in no rush.

And when she reaches those milestones, I am sure I can think of some new goalpost to erect, in order to put the time when my last baby isn't a baby anymore just a little farther off into the future.

* * * * *

Iris, from the back seat of the car on our way out to a midday date with That Guy: "Daddy, where do you usually like to eat for lunch?"

*thoughtful pause*

"I usually like to eat at Taco Bell".



And after lunch, crossing Mill Avenue and admiring the pigeons: "LOOK! Two little fat birdies!!!"

Comments (2)

So cute! I love it! That navy polka dot sweater--I will always picture her in that.

I think I'm doing the same thing with Scarlet...she will be the baby for one thing or another, although technically she still kind of is. Wait, did I just justify my earlier comment? Sigh. I can't win.