Here

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, March 12, 2012 at 8:01 PM

2

Today was the first day of Spring Break.

We had a nice lazy morning, and when we got around to breakfast, it was Blue Bell Strawberry and Homemade Vanilla ice cream, in honor of this brave man, who passed on this afternoon, and his sweet family.

I am feeling very raw, but very alive, having just blown out the candle that we lit last night to light Bruce's way to the next stop on his journey.

Planning to take it slow this week: eating lots of ice cream, spending as many hours as possible reading in my new hammock chair, napping in the beautiful March sunshine, holding my family close, and - again - feeling so amazingly, stupidly, stunningly blessed to have them around me, safe and sound.

Comments (2)

I love you, Rachel. I am so grateful to have you and your compassionate example in my life. A nice reminder for us all we have much to be thankful for. Thinking of you and your dear friends...

walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..