Style

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Tuesday, March 27, 2012 at 7:06 PM

4

I almost didn't get ready today.

I planned to drop some things by Goodwill, watch my nephew for an hour, do some cooking...not really worth putting on makeup over.

But then I decided to do it anyway, and I ended up spending the whole day out and seeing a bunch of people I haven't seen in a long time. One of them, a hairstylist and all-around Fabulous Lady, said "it's the hair - with very short hair, you've pretty much got to have on lipstick and earrings at a minimum, otherwise you look like a bum. A bum who is a man."

She has the same haircut, and she's totally right.



To counterbalance the punky hair and bold glasses, I picked a nice fresh conservative outfit (and heels - always heels). I am completely all over the scarf-as-necklace thing too: a lot more color and style with a lot less effort, and comfortable too!

New frames: Tom Ford
Glasses: So Good costume jewelry
Shirt: J. Crew (thrifted)
Scarf: vintage (thrifted)
Pants: Anthropologie
Shoes: XChange by Charles David (from Last Chance)
Smile: courtesy of my sister, who was laughing at my total inability to pose gracefully

Comments (4)

Cute. And I agree about the haircut; it comes with responsibilities;)

Freaking short hair, keeps us working all the time. sometimes though, I just throw on a hat, because you know what...you just gotta do that. And, if it makes you feel better, I totally didn't shwoer or get ready today and it was AWESOME! Glad you had a fun day!

I know...short hair is, overall, SO much easier for me, but a ponytail is really helpful for those truly grubby days to at least notify people that you are a female!

I love this. And I could take a page out of that book. Cause my hair barely fits into one and you bet it's in a pony tail more often than it meets the straightener. PS- i love that your sister is there to play! Wish I could be there too! ;)