Easter Weekend

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Sunday, April 8, 2012 at 7:55 PM

3

Iris in the irises at Nana and Papa's house:



An Easter egg hunt with Granny and Gramps and our Arizona cousins (the Bartle branch, who would have doubled the size of this gathering, were missed as always):



Devlin, as the undisputed oldest, fastest, greediest child, made off with at least twice as much loot as anyone else present. I tried to walk the line between gentle remindings of graciousness and helpfulness, and allowing him to revel in his childish enthusiasm.

(Especially since all the girls were perfectly delighted with their smaller - but still ample - portions):



As in, he had to be given a second treat receptacle because his (HUGE) basket couldn't hold it all. I'm so proud:



One egg hunt is enough for me, but I did put together some simple Easter baskets. Each child got a book about Jesus appropriate to their interest level, a playsilk dyed by me, and a Cadbury egg. Got all the bases covered there, I think.

Eve's basket:



Devlin's:



And Iris couldn't resist playing with her new goodies right away:



A rainbow silk for my Iris:



Some Children Grow Up, But Never Grow Out of Dressing Up, or, Why I Wish Every Pair of My Shoes Had a Huge Sparkly Bow On the Toe, or, Do Not Adjust Your Monitor Because My Outfit Really Is That Colorful:



P.S. My green cardigan was $1.

Eve the Easter "bun"ny:



And all my completely fabulously, infuriating, wild beautiful children:



I love Easter. I truly do "stand all amazed".

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me
I tremble to know that for me He was crucified
That for me, a sinner, He suffered, He bled, and died

I marvel that He would descend from His throne divine
to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine
That He should extend his great love unto such as I
Sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify

I think of His hands, pierced and bleeding to pay the debt
Such mercy, such love and devotion - can I forget?
No, no - I will praise and adore at the mercy seat
Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet!

Oh, it is wonderful that He should care for me enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

Comments (3)

Your children really are so beautiful! I didn't tell my kids about the cousin egg hunt they missed....

okay, seriously...where is my dyed silk and cadbury egg?...okay okay...i really don't need the high cal. egg, only just the silk is necessary... great job rachel, i need to seriously learn from you. I cut the candy content way down this year compared to last year but i still felt it was more than i wanted him to have.

That hymn is my favorite. It feels so personal and "wonderful to me.". Happy Easter, sister. I love you!!