True Love

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 11:28 PM

1

Me and That Guy I Married have been playing a lot of Nertz lately.

We have had a lot to talk about, and over a rousing hand of cards (or 30) has been an excellent place to do it.

Last week, I suddenly had one of those moment where everything washes over you all at once:

the cool breeze of a summer night

my children safely asleep in the house

beautiful music that physically brings a smile to my face

my husband of just-now 11 years, each happier than the last

the excitement and adventure of each new day

I know how privileged I am to be able to say it, and mean it, but for me? The world is not a scary place.  It's not dangerous.  It's not wicked, or dark, or degenerate.

It's wild, and wonderful, and so, so beautiful.

Comments (1)

I just absolutely love your attitude about the world. I agree with you, absolutely. I don't understand those that love to monger fear and dread. If there were more "yous" and fewer "thems," this world would be a better place. Peace.