Right here, right now

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 10:04 PM

3

I haven't been around this little blog very much lately.

I have had a lot going on in my mind, in my life, in my soul - and I have sort of felt like I needed to hunker down with my family and really minimize or eliminate anything that was pulling my focus from where it needed to be.

Realistically, I will probably be more scarce than usual for another month or two.  I will try not to be so absent, but I seriously doubt I will be back to my normal blogging schedule until the end of the summer.

I have to say, though, that this life that has been "taking all my time", is truly so wonderful and beautiful and full of joy as I never could have imagined.

This life I get to live? 

I get to feel cool water on my skin and the warm sun on my bones. 

I get to watch my children splash and play and learn to swim, getting braver and braver.



I get to take care of them when they are sick, and get them frozen yogurt when they don't want to eat anything else.



I get to watch Devlin teach Eve about intervals on the piano.



I get to help them learn to build things...



...and then watch as they become way better at it than I will ever be.



I get to see them learn to read, and help them build a love of books that will bring them enrichment and happiness for the rest of their lives, and then share my favorite books with them.



I get to do Iris's curly hair, every single day, and I never get over it.



I love them so much that I go visit them after they are asleep, every night, and I know they love me too, because they tell me and they show me.



I get to make my home a happy, beautiful place to be.

I get to hear, and make, music that makes my very soul vibrate.

I get to travel, and see parts of the country and the world that I love dearly, and I'm so lucky to live on this little blue planet.

I get to enjoy a relationship with my parents, and grandparents, and help my children build that too.

I get to continue to educate myself, and discover new passions, and prove myself wrong every day.

I get to eat delicious food, and drink delicious drinks.

I get to play games, or have animated conversations, and just sit on the couch with That Guy I Married, my best friend.

It's a good, good life, and I'm grateful for every bit of it.

Comments (3)

Love it.

Love it! You are so awesome. Hope I'm as good a mom with 3 as you are. And it's good to remember why we do what we do. Love ya cuz!

Family is most important - have a good 4th holiday!