Overdraft

Posted by The Wizzle | Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM

0

I am thrilled that the big kids are back in school.  THRILLED.  I am actually a really good mom to one child at a time, and that's what I have for a few hours a day.  Feeling competent part of the time fortifies me for when they come home and I have to shepherd, remind, encourage, cajole, referee, and generally provide for three little wild people until bedtime.

But, although I love the structure of the school day, I am looking at first grade, fourth grade, preschool, piano lessons, dance classes, Cub Scouts, Girl Scouts, student council, wrestling, my own singing commitments, dentist appointments, eye appointments, and a partridge in a very overcrowded pear tree.

For example, next Thursday I am supposed to be at a choir rehearsal, Hale Elementary curriculum night, Eve's first Girl Scout meeting, and watching Devlin get his Wolf badge.  SIMULTANEOUSLY.

If you figure out how that one's going to work, I have a job for you as my assistant.

Just warning you, though, the pay is terrible.

Comments (0)